Saturday, September 4, 2010

Re: [epilepsy] Short term memory suggestions

 

Well, not epi surgery, but several brain surgeries for another condition...what works for me is making lists and using tricks like associations and repeating people's names when I meet them.
 
I have also noticed that I NEVER--and I mean NEVER!!--forget a song, so if possible, singing info to myself might keep it in my brain longer. I even said at a conference awhile ago, when we were all talking about this: "If you want me to remember something for posterity, sing it to me!" The doctors and clinicians were all intrigued, but it's known that music is processed in a different part of the brain than the spoken word is, so try it! It might work. :)
 
LIZARD :)

--- On Sat, 9/4/10, DorisY <dorisellen@nc.rr.com> wrote:

From: DorisY <dorisellen@nc.rr.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Short term memory suggestions
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 10:24 PM

 

If others, who also might have difficulty with short term memory post
brain surgery,could give suggestions concerning things that may be helpful to them. I have to started making organized lists of different things like names and lists of things needed at weeks shopping. I try and plan menu for a week and that way I know what I need at the stores. When you find other things that may be helpful, please share.
Doris :-)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment