Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Understanding...

 

Amy

This is coming from a parent with a child who suffers from epilepsy from an outside point of view it is a hard and stressful thing to deal with for those who do not understand this can and is scary have you got ahold of your local epilepsy foundation when my daughter was first diagnosed they were great help they can even come talk with your husband to maby help him understand and with my husband his biggest issue is he cant fix it and he hates to see my daughter suffer so bad she has pretty bad epilepsy still trying to figure it all out in time hopefully everone can try and relate to you your on keppra right if it is to bothersom you might think of changing meds my daughter has been on it for awhile and she was having some major behaviour issues we lowered her morning dose and started her on vitamin B6 that has helped tremendiously hope i was any help

Keena

________________________________
From: amylentine <amylentine@yahoo.com>
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:21:06 AM
Subject: [epilepsy] Understanding...

I am currently trying to explain to my husband, family, and boss at work about my seizures and why my attitude has changed so drastically. I have only been dealing with this for about a month and a half now and I am already tired of being asked a million times a day how do I feel?? I don't even really know the answer to that question yet. My friends and family try to understand or they pretend like it is not even happening.

My husband is the biggest offender of this. Lately I am just so angry with him, I had a seizure on Saturday and he acted like it did not even happen! I am sure he just wants this to all go away so things can go back to the way they were before but I have no control over that. When ever he trys to talk to me I just get so angry at him for no reason.

Work is trying to be understanding, since I can not drive they are letting me work from home but they do not understand why my quality of work has decressed and why I am not as interested in work right now.

Just want a way to communicate with others what I am going through and what they can do to help, because right now I have no idea.

Thanks
Amy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Kids, family & home

Join the discussion

Dog Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about dogs.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment