Monday, September 28, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] (epilepsy) Re: Tim Baldwin

 

 It is amazing, Julie just how many people of ALL professions know more than we do and do it all wrong themselves anyways BECAUSE they know "more than we do". There is a time for blind faith. But that is becoming less and less as these professionals know more than we do and insist on doing it their way. This when done sometimes leads to abuse of those they are suppossed to help.
  I brought a friend of mine to the hospital because he was without balance and was falling all the time. Not the way to live alone. He was taking Dilantin which I suspected might be a contributing factor as it can burn nerves and sever ability to walk. I told the doc I wanted his Dilantin considerred as a POSSIBLE cause of the imbalance and to eliminate that one way or the other. Man this guy went on such a professional tantrum. What do you know about Dilantin and who told youabout this? I'm Epileptic and was told by my neuro, I replied. Who is your neuro? and on and on.... ! In the end my friend got physiotherapy AND his Dilantin dosage decreased and after several months after leaving the hospital he was walking so much better. Got to know our own stuff today and the lingo of the professionals to get them to shut up and listen at times. Not all professionals obviously.
 Douglas 

The roots of mental health disorders like schyzophrenia are physically based, not behaviorally based  . Les racines des desordres  du santé mentale comme la schyzophrenie sont souvent de la nature physique et non du nature comportmental.  Douglas  

--- On Mon, 9/28/09, Julie Hope <epilepsyhealth@sasktel.net> wrote:

From: Julie Hope <epilepsyhealth@sasktel.net>
Subject: [epilepsy] (epilepsy) Re: Tim Baldwin
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, September 28, 2009, 11:53 PM

 

Tim
While working as caregiver, had one person go into his multiple seizures (being just a caregiver no matter how
many have you call 911) The ambulance come and he is out of one right then but get him strapped in and just as
ready to go down the ramp they proceed anyway + the wrong way down (feet first) + a strap across his chest
from neck...the way he had them he could of went flying off that gurney and the strap was in position to choke
him. Thank goodness I saw him start as took long enough to convince them to back up and wait until he had
finished. They didn't know what I was talking about made them undo the strap and the way he had the seizure
was a bad GM it would of choked him for sure. They then proceeded to go back in and turn round so went down
the ramp the proper way. Just a WHEW moment for me in my work life experience and just how much they know.
Julie
Julie Hope
epilepsyhealth@ sasktel.net
http://www.2betrhea lth.com

Donna,
Most police know that they should, neither do paramedics I'm usually just regaining my consciousness after a
partial complex seizure, in post-ictal period. Awareness isn't complete and my ability to speak isn't there
due to my memory not being available yet. I'm not able to think of the things I'd like to say, then after I
have I experience the inability of my brain to send those words to the voice-box. But I can answer just Yes or
No to any questions asked.
Tim Baldwin

__________________________________________________________
Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment