Wednesday, September 30, 2009

[epilepsy] I'm selling my car

 

Hi everybody,

I have been driving for most of the 47 years that I have had EP-- except for 2 1/2 years at different times that
I had szs.

I decided to sell my 15 year old car this year because I am prone to falling. We have a lot of snow here
in the winter. The retirement center clears behind our cars but not between or on top of the car. My 2
girls who live in town have wanted me to quit driving for about 4 or 5 years. They are afraid that I will
fall between the cars and no one will see me. Last year I was still working as a home health aid. They
would come the mornings I was to work and clear where I was to walk and the top of the car. I decided
to not put them thru that again this year.

We have a shuttle here that takes you places on the campus and to Dr.s appointments. We also have
a bus that goes to grocery stores every Tues and Thurs. There is a town bus that I can use if I wish but
I would have to walk quite a ways to catch it. I also have a 1/2 price taxi card that I have never used.
Of course you have to call and schedule a ride -- which I am not crazy about .

I will have to change the way I use my money. I usually paid for insurance and for fixing the car .Now
I will have to carry smalll bills. I figured that I put $2,500 in fixing my car the last 4 years. that is not
counting gas, insurance and license.

For the last 2 weeks I have been getting ready for this. I had the car washed, got large groceries that
would be hard to carry on the bus,went thru all my clothes ant took a bunch to Good Will and drove
past differnent places we lived and collected memories. A man here on campus is buying my car.
I didn't have to advertise it.

So I am with a lot of your who are not driving. I have also purchased a walker with a seat. that has
helped me a lot with my walking; I haven't fallen since I got it. I want to keep on walking and strengthen
my legs.

Millie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment