Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] New to this

 


Welcome Amy,

It sounds like you might have a couple kinds of szs. There are 25 different
kinds

I've had EP for 47 years but have learned a lot here. I was 30 when I was
diagnosed (DX)
when I had 3 daughters 2, 4, and 6 plus a husband (now ex)

Millie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy Lentine" <amylentine@yahoo.com>
To: <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:18 AM
Subject: [epilepsy] New to this

Hi,

I was just currently diagnosed with seizures a month and a half ago. My EEG
came back normal but they did find a small lesion on my frontal lobe. I seem
to have seizures where I completely pass out and shiver/twitch or I have
seizures where I just kind of zone out for a few seconds then I either go
back to what I was doing or I just fall asleep. Currently the doctor has me
on Keppra XR (500 mg) at night and they did have me on 1,000mg but the side
effects were unbearable. I am still having some side effects on the 500 mg
and I am still having seizures. I know I am supposed to call my doctor to
let him know that I am still having seizures but he just makes me feel some
uncomfortable. So I guess the short of it is I am looking for any
recommendations for a good neuro near the flint area. Just want a doc who
does not treat me like I am a complainer.

Thanks
Amy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to
clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if
you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes
messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment