Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Understanding...

 

Amy.  You are not alone.  The people don't understand that seizures and meds afect your concentation  and this one thing is probably why you are slower at work. You can't help that.  I have had seizures since I was
in my early 40's.  My first one was a grand mal and then I never had any more for 3 years.   I was on meds
but they came back and I was on alot of meds that I shouldn't have been on.  The dr. said mine were from stress or hormones or both. No other explan. But I still have seizures nomatter what I take.  They arent as
bad now as they were but I don't take anymore med. than I absolutely have to take because I do not want to feel like azombie ever again like at first.  I have lost my driving priveledges because I willing gave them up. 
         It has been hard and I hate being dependent on someone and losing friends was hard for me too, but
this group has given me someone to talk to who understands and it does help alot. Your husband will have to learn patience too if he wants to help you.  Iam very fortunate to have a very loving hubby that gets me thru my seizures very well.  I have complex partial seiz. where I just like pass out sometimes with an aura and others
not.  If standing I will fall flat on floor-I will fall like a d runk and be out of it for about 10- 20 min. and then when I come to I don't remember nothing. I will have seizure maybe 2-5  a month.  I never know when.
I fully understand what you are going thru.  It is very hard get thru but we are all here for you if you need anything at all.  Ok?  Linda   I am 58 yrs old now and live in Ohio.

________________________________
From: amylentine amylentine@yahoo.com
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:21:06 PM
Subject: [epilepsy] Understanding...

 
I am currently trying to explain to my husband, family, and boss at work about my seizures and why my attitude has changed so drastically. I have only been dealing with this for about a month and a half now and I am already tired of being asked a million times a day how do I feel?? I don't even really know the answer to that question yet. My friends and family try to understand or they pretend like it is not even happening.

My husband is the biggest offender of this. Lately I am just so angry with him, I had a seizure on Saturday and he acted like it did not even happen! I am sure he just wants this to all go away so things can go back to the way they were before but I have no control over that. When ever he trys to talk to me I just get so angry at him for no reason.

Work is trying to be understanding, since I can not drive they are letting me work from home but they do not understand why my quality of work has decressed and why I am not as interested in work right now.

Just want a way to communicate with others what I am going through and what they can do to help, because right now I have no idea.

Thanks
Amy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Dog Lovers Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Discover auto groups

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Ask questions,

share experiences

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment