Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] EP/Seizures, How does one explain to others?

 

Donna,
Since our meds slow down our brains so we don't have a sz-- I consider them
a tranquilizer. So it makes sense to me that I move slower, work and think
slower.

And after a sz we are like in a fog for a while. My brain got shook up and
has to have time to settle down

That is the way I explain it.

Millie

----- Original Message -----
From: "DonnaM" <moon_stargzr42@yahoo.com>
To: <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:02 PM
Subject: [epilepsy] EP/Seizures, How does one explain to others?

>I wonder how does one with EP/seizures explain to others their symptoms,
>types of seizures, the effects on how one feels after a seizure. I try
>explaining to others my symptoms etc and yet they don't seem to react with
>interest or know how to react I tend to feel at times that I am not smart
>enough, they don't seem to understand that when someone has a seizure it
>may affect our memory, thinking. That when I have a seizure no matter how
>small I can't thing quickly, solve problems/issues quickly, tend to forget
>easily.
> DonnaS-NH
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember
> to clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important
> if you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it
> makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment