Monday, September 28, 2009

[epilepsy] (epilepsy) Re: Tim Baldwin

 

Tim
While working as caregiver, had one person go into his multiple seizures (being just a caregiver no matter how
many have you call 911) The ambulance come and he is out of one right then but get him strapped in and just as
ready to go down the ramp they proceed anyway + the wrong way down (feet first) + a strap across his chest
from neck...the way he had them he could of went flying off that gurney and the strap was in position to choke
him. Thank goodness I saw him start as took long enough to convince them to back up and wait until he had
finished. They didn't know what I was talking about made them undo the strap and the way he had the seizure
was a bad GM it would of choked him for sure. They then proceeded to go back in and turn round so went down
the ramp the proper way. Just a WHEW moment for me in my work life experience and just how much they know.
Julie
Julie Hope
epilepsyhealth@sasktel.net
http://www.2betrhealth.com

Donna,
Most police know that they should, neither do paramedics I'm usually just regaining my consciousness after a
partial complex seizure, in post-ictal period. Awareness isn't complete and my ability to speak isn't there
due to my memory not being available yet. I'm not able to think of the things I'd like to say, then after I
have I experience the inability of my brain to send those words to the voice-box. But I can answer just Yes or
No to any questions asked.
Tim Baldwin

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment