Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Re: New to this

 

I have been on Keppra for 3 years first 1000mg a day for about a year, last increased to 1500mg a day and recently 2000mg a day. So far no side effects and the headaches seemed to have eased up.  Only thing I know from past experiences is a new dose will work for a few months to a year then the seizures start back up.  If the dose gets any higher Im not sure how I will do regarding side effects.
DonnaS-NH

________________________________
From: amylentine <amylentine@yahoo.com>
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:00:58 PM
Subject: [epilepsy] Re: New to this

 
Thanks Pat,

The Keppra has also made me either depressed/tired or a raving mad/agressive lunatic. I have not felt like myself at all since I have started taking it and my family acts like they are walking on pins and needles around me. Glad to hear that it is just not me.

-Amy-

>
> Hello Amy, You are not a complainer! Many people my 7 yr old little girl
> included was on Keppra. Only for a few weeks. It made her mean, nasty and
> unbearable and did not work. It has horrible side effects for many. Suggest
> you read up on it so you can properly discuss it with your Neuro. There are
> other drug options.
>
>
>
> Pat D
>
> _____
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment