Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Re: [fast5] Thinking about starting the program

 

For success stories, a good thing to do is search the archives. There are some
very good ones there! We really should get the best ones and put them
in their own section or something.

For getting used to the diet, the method in the book, pushing back
your breakfast by half and hour a day, is a good one I think. Most
people adapt rather quickly, from what they say. For people who adapt
less quickly, some of the tips that have been shared here are:

1. Lemon juice in water (hot or cold)
2. Eat more protein and fat in your meal, less carbs and sugars.
3. Eat your vegies and protein *first*, and save the carbs/starches/desserts
for after you've eaten the healthy stuff.

I've also experimented with things like celery sticks to add "bulk"
without many calories, which is handy if you have stomach issues (I
got ulcers for unrelated reasons). Lately I've been experimenting with
glucomannan powder, and it *is* a great hunger suppressant fiber (it
doesn't actually contribute much of anything in the way of calories,
and it is not a drug, and the side effects are good ones). Psyllium
(metamucil) can be good too, though some people have problems with it
if they take too much.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM, kris10_ross<kris10_ross@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So I am thinking about the starting the program and I would like to lose about 25lbs in total.
>
> The biggest problem for me is simply the change in my daily routines.  The best time for me to eat is from 1-5 or 2-6 based on my schedule, however weekends that might change.
>
> Do any of you find it a problem to change your window on weekends?
>
> I would love to hear some success stories and feedback on any additional helping points to help the weight come off.  I have been working out quite hard the last few weeks to really jumpstart the weightloss, so I need to eat during the day to keep up my enegery for the evening.
>
> Let me know some thoughts, feedback, etc....
> I am very intersted in starting, just need a little help!
> thanks!
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

--
Heather Twist
http://eatingoffthefoodgrid.blogspot.com/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment