Wednesday, July 29, 2009

[epilepsy] Re: OMG...Keppra insomnia...how much longer????!!!!!

 

I wonder if this is why Joe has so much problem sleeping..He's been on Keppra for awhile.
Vicki

In epilepsy@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <gentlegiant333@...> wrote:
>
> --- In epilepsy@yahoogroups.com, Liz Welker <lizard110366@> wrote:
> >
> > LOL! That's how I know it actually works! I definitely woulda had szs by now.
> >  
> >  
> > LIZARD, who slept last night!!!!!!!! YAY for dose reduction and Benadryl! :)
> >
> > --- On Tue, 7/28/09, mylmy@ <mylmy@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: mylmy@ <mylmy@>
> > Subject: Re: [epilepsy] OMG...Keppra insomnia...how much longer????!!!!!
> > To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
> >
> >
> > All medications have side effects. I don,t know anything about Keppra. But insomnia is insomnia irregardless as to the causes. Ever think of asking your family Dr for a prescription for sleeping pills to combat the insomnia. It is not like you are asking for such a prescription so that you can have your 20 cups of coffee during the graveyard shift! Furthermore the keppra would probably lose its' effectiveness as sleep is needed to control Epilepsy along with the Keppra.  
> >
> >
> >
> > If you can't sleep and you think it is because of the med--I would tell
> > your Dr. . For some people lack of sleep causes szs.
> >
> > Millie
> >
> > > My doc combined keppra with clonazepam/klonopin + some have found this to
> > > make them tired. It also makes the keppra work better. Just one combo I' e
> > > heard of though.
> > > -jenandshadow-
> > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Liz Welker <lizard110366@ yahoo.com>
> > >
> > > Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:31:22
> > > To: <epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com>
> > > Subject: [epilepsy] OMG...Keppra insomnia...how much longer????!! !!!
> > >
> > >
> > > So my insomnia has really kicked into gear after 2 weeks. I am getting
> > > about 3 hours of sleep a night--if I'm lucky. Thank God, even though my
> > > son has to get on his bus for Extended School Year (special ed summer
> > > school) at 6:45, I can go back to bed, but I'm afraid to sleep later than
> > > 9:30 or so. I am completely convinced the Keppra is working, though,
> > > because I have certainly lost enough sleep to induce a sz...or ten.
> > >  
> > > How much longer should I deal with this before I tell my doctor? The pharm
> > > said I should give the 1500 mg dose (my max dose) a week. I'm in my third
> > > day with it. Is this realistic??
> > >  
> > > Sleepless in the Northeast...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------
> > >
> > > Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember
> > > to clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important
> > > if you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it
> > > makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------
> > >
> > > Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember
> > > to clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important
> > > if you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it
> > > makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment