Wednesday, July 29, 2009

[fast5] Re: Suggestions on how to do the fast-5 program more days a week requested

 

Thanks for the posts. I am going to read them over again a few times they are so good!

I can carry a lunch to work but it is a real pain. I have tro take it to a break-room that is really out of the way and hope that no one steals anything out of it. I can't carry anything back to my office from the break-room except what is sold in the vending machines. So, I can't go make tea and carry it back. The smell of food at lunch time is NOT good for me so I don't want to go near the lunch room at all.

Bottled water is not sold in the vending machines and I can't carry my water cup in and out of the gates. I was allowed to bring it in, but it has to stay now because if I bring it back in, I have to get special permission. So, I can't go drink lemon water in my car.

I drink water at work though. The water from the drinking fountain is the same quality water I have at home as it comes from the same water system. The water here tastes great. I have never lived somewhere that had better tasting water. I think someone should bottle the water here it is so good. So, I gladly drink water from the water fountain at work.

Yes, I absolutely consume too much carbs... not just one the weekends but often too many during the week. I have started to pay more attention to the carb content during the week and to serving sizes at least on the weekend but I feel so stressed that sometimes I the weekend I just start to not care.. I want to eat what I want to eat... like this last Sunday when I made "green eggs and pasta" (Normally "green eggs and ham pasta" but I didn't have any ham.) This is either 2 hard boiled eggs or two slowly fried eggs chopped up and added to pasta with pesto sauce. I had that with some fresh veggies and a little bit of ranch dressing as my main meal on Sunday. That morning I can Rice Crispy cereal and milk with some sugar added as well as some canned cling peaches. I had a bumblebee crackers with chicken salad for lunch.. which is really more of a little snack then a meal. Sunday I also drank 3 12 oz cans of coke over the course of the day.

I refuse to count calories but maybe I could go back to at least writing down what my menu's for the day was and how my appetite functioned to see if there is a connection.

There is a strong history of type II diabetes in my family. I get tested ever so often and I come out just fine. The last test was done two months ago. But that doesn't mean that I should just ignore the effects of insulin spikes. AT the moment though I am not willing to go low carb because of my money issues. I need to eat up what is in my house and I can't afford to buy a ton of meat. Also, I don't want to give up fruit when I can get fresh fruit this time of year.

It is easier for me to go low carb in the winter and I may consider it then. Personally, I think a better balance with lower carbs is more likely to be the direction I go rather then truly "low carb." I know I eat too many carbs.. and that this is unbalanced.

Lots to think about. Thanks.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment