Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] prescription snafu at work (and not happy)

 

I have been having trouble with scripts as well. I suspect you are having an insurance issue. Medicare switched my insurance company and I let them naively. Now the other company refuses to fill the script I have used the past 5 years. I've been through 2 appeals and am without any idea what I can do about it. The medication I'm on is cheap and so money is not the issue.

________________________________
From: Mark <riverat462@yahoo.com>
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:57:40 PM
Subject: [epilepsy] prescription snafu at work (and not happy)

 
The place where I work changed health insurance companies and didn't bother to give me a mail order form for my prescriptions. I thought they were still using the old mail order pharmacy, so I filled out a form and sent it there with my scrips. Come to find out that they were using a new pharmacy and didn't give me a form for it, so I had to call the old pharmacy and have them forward my scrips to the new place or send them back to me so I could mail them to the new place.

The new pharmacy called my doctor after getting the info from the old pharmacy, and had them fax a copy of the scrips. The original scrips said 'dispense as written' on it, but the faxed copy didn't (as far as the new pharmacy knew) so they sent me generic instead of brand name. When I talked to someone at the new place, they said according to my health plan, my prescriptions were too expensive to cover, so they had to send generic. The only way I can get the brand name is to call my health insurance and see if I can get an override on the policy. I have to have my doctor tell them why I have to take the brand name meds.
Problem is, my doc is on vacation, so I can't contact him. Even if I'm successful in getting my correct meds, I can't send back the generic, so I won't know what to do with it. I am so pissed off about this (pardon my language). Thanks for letting me vent.

Mark

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment