Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving./Tristin

 

hi tristin
if your seizure are under control and you feel comfortable about driving then go for it!!! 
I've been in car accidents due to seizures, but it's not going to stop me when the time is right for me to drive again.
when i had the accidents i was young and new i was having seizures but didn't want to say anything cause I was too foolish. 
I'm not like that anymore.

I had surgery back in 2002 was going to drive but they started again.  Now I'm doing great.  So I'll be seeing my Dr. next week.  One of the main things I'll be talking with him about is me driving.
 
Wishing you all the best.
 
Take care,
Ashley

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, Tristin Seagraves <tristinspike26@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Tristin Seagraves <tristinspike26@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving.
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 7:52 AM

 

Well Birdman,
        I understand that surgery isn't always perfect, and it doesn't work for everyone.  But I can't criticize it.  It's worked for me, so far.  I'm 8 months seizure-free thanks to a left temporal lobectomy.  I've waited a long time to get my driver's license, and driving I'm gonna do.  I know there's the possibility of having another seizure, and I know to take precautions if/when I start feeling strange.  I have to take advantage of this time because it may not last for long.

Tristin :)

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, korky106_a <korky106_a@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: korky106_a <korky106_a@yahoo. com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving.
To: epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 1:56 AM

 

I am well aware the desire for people to drive- I think it may be more for a person with seizures. i am 58- I have had seizures since I was 13- I was bit by a mosquito and given encephalitis- my brain became infected- swelled up to the point I went into a coma for 18 hrs. The drs did not expect me to come out of it and live. I have brain damage because of this and seizures- all kinds. I have had a right temporal lobectomy to remove what they thought was the damaged cells and take away my seizures. Well some time went by without seizures- I got my license and- away I drove feeling GREAT- well i have totalled my Honda Accord because I had a seizure- surgery is NOT always perfect- I found this out when I totaled my Taurus as a result of a seizure accident. OKEASE reconsider driving- I will NEVER try driving again. I am fortunate to be alive and to have not hurt anyone as a result of my driving- I can adjust to not driving- I could
NEVER adjust to hurting a person because I chose to drive when I shouldn't- THINK TWICE- Thanks- Birdman--- In epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com, "tristinspike26" <tristinspike26@ ...> wrote:

>

> Hi all,

> Tomorrow I'm kind of going to share my epilepsy surgery testimony with my friend's (Lisa's) neurologist. I'm totally tickled that she wants me to talk to her neurologist and tell him what surgery did for me. We're trying to get her referred to the Medical College of Georgia; where I had my surgery. Surgery worked so far for me. I hope and pray that my friend, Lisa, turns out to be a good candidate. Maybe surgery will work for her too. It makes me feel good knowing that my struggle with epilepsy and my surgery might inspire someone else (Lisa). Since I got my driver's license (for the past month) I've been driving Lisa around and helping her get to where she needs to go. I've been in her shoes. I know what it's like. It's just my way of paying it forward.

>

> Tristin :)

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment