Friday, July 31, 2009

[fast5] Re: Need encouragement/ spiritual practice?

 

Hi Erica,

I understand the "struggle" you mention. I keep reminding myself of how my weight has socially (and emotionally) damaged me growing up (I was the "fat kid").

I spent many years searching for comfort and I turned to The Creator for support. In my research, I noticed that there is a lot of reference to "fasting and praying" contained in the 66 books of the KJV. There is definitely a connection between fasting and "the spiritual" realm.

I keep the following scripture from the Old Testament saved on my desktop and read it often to help me keep focused…

"Now, therefore, says the Lord, turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning. So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; and He relents from doing harm."
Joel 2:12-14

I give thanks to YHWH. I get my strength from Yeshua.

I hope this helps.

Rob
http://www.bigfire.ca


--- In fast5@yahoogroups.com, Erica Stelcik <erica.stelcik@...> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm struggling! This past week has been a big FAIL. I don't know if it's
> stress, female hormones, or a combination, but I have been slacking off,
> eating 2 or 3 meals a day. I think at some point, when I noticed that I was
> not losing weight the past couple of weeks, I gave up a bit.
>
> Today, I recommitted to Fast 5, especially to stay away from the fresh
> bagels that are downstairs! I noticed that water with stevia helps cut my
> cravings down.
>
> Just curious, does anyone do Fast 5 as a spiritual practice?
>
> Erica
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Kids, family & home

Join the discussion

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment