Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving.

 

congrats.
my doctors asked me before they discharged me from the hospital a few days
after the surgery if theres anything they could do.
i said "could you write me prescriptions for my medications"?
they looked at me like i was crazy.
i guess they never saw someone who wanted medication even after surgery
talk with your dr.
hope everything goes good
Brian


In a message dated 7/30/2009 6:20:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tristinspike26@yahoo.com writes:

Brian,
Oh, I already had the surgery (Nov 12, 08). It was a cinch! I know that
surgery isn't a guarantee, but it's worked so far. You mentioned that I
shouldn't think of it as a way to get off of my meds. Although I'm still on
extreme dosages, I do plan to talk my neuro into decreasing my dosages at
my next visit. I know I'll probably never be fully "sober," (lol) but I do
think I could cut back a few hundered mg.

Tristin :)

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, _sept161999@aol.sep_ (mailto:sept161999@aol.com)
<_sept161999@aol.sep_ (mailto:sept161999@aol.com) > wrote:

From: _sept161999@aol.sep_ (mailto:sept161999@aol.com)
<_sept161999@aol.sep_ (mailto:sept161999@aol.com) >
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving.
To: _epilepsy@yahoogroupepile_ (mailto:epilepsy@yahoogroups.com)
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 9:09 AM

it's true that surgery is not for everyone but looking into it might not

hurt. I had surgery. before surgery i would have an average 50 seizures
per

day from age 2 to age 29. now after surgery ive been seizure free a little

more then 9 in a half years. Just remember if you want to have it done do
a

lot of homework into what you must do(testing) how things would be done.

get references on doctors. BUT REMEMBER SURGERY IS NOT A GUARANTEE IT WILL

STOP OR EVEN CONTROL SEIZURES. and also you might have to stay on
medication

so dont think of surgery as a way to also being able to stop medications.

Brian

In a message dated 7/30/2009 5:54:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

tristinspike26@ yahoo.com writes:

Well Birdman,

I understand that surgery isn't always perfect, and it doesn't work for

everyone. But I can't criticize it. It's worked for me, so far. I'm 8

months seizure-free thanks to a left temporal lobectomy. I've waited a
long

time to get my driver's license, and driving I'm gonna do. I know there's

the possibility of having another seizure, and I know to take precautions

if/when I start feeling strange. I have to take advantage of this time

because it may not last for long.

Tristin :)

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, korky106_a <_korky106_a@ yahoo.kor_

(mailto:korky106_(mailto:korky1> wrote:

From: korky106_a <_korky106_a@ yahoo.kor_ (mailto:korky106__korky106_a@ y>

Subject: [epilepsy] Re: brain surgery and driving.

To: _epilepsy@yahoogrou pepile_ (mailto:epilepsy@To: _epilepsy@yaho

Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 1:56 AM

I am well aware the desire for people to drive- I think it may be more for

a person with seizures. i am 58- I have had seizures since I was 13- I was

bit by a mosquito and given encephalitis- my brain became infected-

swelled up to the point I went into a coma for 18 hrs. The drs did not
expect me

to come out of it and live. I have brain damage because of this and

seizures- all kinds. I have had a right temporal lobectomy to remove what
they

thought was the damaged cells and take away my seizures. Well some time
went

by without seizures- I got my license and- away I drove feeling GREAT-
well

i have totalled my Honda Accord because I had a seizure- surgery is NOT

always perfect- I found this out when I totaled my Taurus as a result of a

seizure accident. OKEASE reconsider driving- I will NEVER try driving
again. I

am fortunate to be alive and to have not hurt anyone as a result of my

driving- I can adjust to not driving- I could

NEVER adjust to hurting a person because I chose to drive when I

shouldn't- THINK TWICE- Thanks- Birdman--- In epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com,

"tristinspike26" <tristinspike26@ ...> wrote:

>

> Hi all,

> Tomorrow I'm kind of going to share my epilepsy surgery testimony with

my friend's (Lisa's) neurologist. I'm totally tickled that she wants me to

talk to her neurologist and tell him what surgery did for me. We're trying

to get her referred to the Medical College of Georgia; where I had my

surgery. Surgery worked so far for me. I hope and pray that my friend,
Lisa,

turns out to be a good candidate. Maybe surgery will work for her too. It
makes

me feel good knowing that my struggle with epilepsy and my surgery might

inspire someone else (Lisa). Since I got my driver's license (for the past

month) I've been driving Lisa around and helping her get to where she
needs

to go. I've been in her shoes. I know what it's like. It's just my way of

paying it forward.

>

> Tristin :)

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

************ **Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops perfect for Back to

School

(_http://pr.atwola._ (http://pr.atwola./) com/promoclk/ 100126575x122310
5306x1201716871/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Faltfarm. mediaplex. com%2Fad%
2Fck%2F12309% 2D81939%2D1629% 2D9)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

**************Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops perfect for Back to
School
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223105306x1201716871/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D9)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment