Friday, July 31, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Question?

 

Tristin,

I hope you don't have anymore, but do try to be careful. I went 9 months
came totally off one of my medicines after having the surgery. The seizure I
had when they started back was awful. I was taken by an ambulance to the
hospital. My sister was with me. She told me they had to start me breathing
again.I had to go back on some of the medicine I had quit taking. I still
have them now, but they aren't near as bad as they was before the surgery.
Hopefully your medicines will just need to be adjusted. Driving is worth
risking your life over. I have never been able to drive, probably never will
either.I just want to say to be careful. Take care of yourself and be safe.

Tammy

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:00 PM, tristinspike26 <tristinspike26@yahoo.com>wrote:

>
>
> My boyfriend, Jamey, claims that I had a seizure today. He said we were
> talking, and I suddenly paused and started making moaning noises. He said I
> was unresponsive and was pinching myself. I find this hard to believe... I
> don't even remember having an aura. Should I tell my neurologist about this
> and risk losing my driver's license? I mean... I just bought a car last
> week! I already swore Jamey to secrecy, and I'm surely not going to tell any
> of my family. They will totally freak out! After 8 1/2 months of being
> seizure-free, I have a seizure? This can't be right. I guess you could say
> I'm in denial. If another one happens, I'll tell someone, but until then, I
> think I'm going to keep this to myself.
>
> Tristin
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Passionate about cars?

Check out the Auto Enthusiast Zone.

Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment