Friday, July 31, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Question?

 

Thanks Jen,
     If things get worse or if I have another seizure before my next appointment, I might look into getting a seizure-alert dog, but I'm still hoping that I don't need one. 
 
And yeah, a mocha sounds good.  I might go get one... No, just joking.  I'm not driving myself anywhere tonight or tomorrow.
 
Tristin

--- On Fri, 7/31/09, jenandshadow@yahoo.com <jenandshadow@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: jenandshadow@yahoo.com <jenandshadow@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Question?
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 7:12 PM

 

Should I tell?
The questions I asked myself when informed of my seizures were?
1-If I choose to DRIVE how will I feel if one of these causes me to kill a child with my car?
2-Can I Live with myself knowing that I could have prevented this unnecessary child's life being snuffed out because I so wanted to go get myself a mocha? Etc...
3-Do I have to give up my license?
4-Can I just take time off from driving without giving up my license until I can tell if my seizures will lessen or get controlled?
5-What measures can I take to be sure I do not endanger myself or the innocent.

I still renewed my license this year, but (because my seizure dog would scream if I tried to drive during any portion of unsafe seizure state+ I kept a pillow+blankets+ food + water in my car + pulled over at my dogs first reaction, I did continue to drive for a few years with this safe policing for my safety+ the public) my doctors never yanked my license. Maybe you could only drive with someone who can alert to your seizures + take the wheel + pull you over=driving only on low traveled roads other than freeway where reaction time is critical+ stay out of neighborhoods. Have these safe supervisors evaluate how you are doing and verbally tell you-as my dog would-mom it's time to go home. I'd ask if we could make one more stop+ see if he RELAXED OR STRESSED at the thought. If he cried I would go straight home.
For the last two years I drove I stuck to off PEAK hours + less crowded or NON-STRESS FILLED DRIVER roads. I went and shopped at night and always lay down in the back + rested 'til the seizure + after affects passed + my dog let me drive.
The last year I only drove approximately four 25 mile round trips per month: go get mocha + to walmart + to grocery + for pleasure a 30-45 minute look at houses for sale. At 11 pm I'm sure many figured I was scouting neighborhoods to burglarize-because I would return + compare some new ones to old ones I loved.... Sorry I do have a point here...I never drove more than 10 minutes/5 miles from my home the last year. But I had 3 times when I didn't recognize so I could heed Shadow's alert + had a few wake up calls. Then I got rid of the car, lost 10 pounds fast + kept my license=still hoping my Seizures will be solved somehow.
Doc's may need to know if your human seizure alert dogs can't safely see you in time for them to help. Boy would I love to let you meet Shadow. We could start by driving around apartment+ he should alert. If there is any danger-You could definitely get a per scription for seizure alert dog. Mine does more than most. Do you know anyone with a seizure dog? Ask them if next time you have what your frind thinks is a seizure you can have him drive you over to be checked out. A good seizure dog is more accurate than any medical equipment to date~why? Because when we seize/ our body emits an odor only a dog can smell+some cats.
~jen+shadow~
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "tristinspike26" <tristinspike26@ yahoo.com>

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:00:45
To: <epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Question?

My boyfriend, Jamey, claims that I had a seizure today. He said we were talking, and I suddenly paused and started making moaning noises. He said I was unresponsive and was pinching myself. I find this hard to believe... I don't even remember having an aura. Should I tell my neurologist about this and risk losing my driver's license? I mean... I just bought a car last week! I already swore Jamey to secrecy, and I'm surely not going to tell any of my family. They will totally freak out! After 8 1/2 months of being seizure-free, I have a seizure? This can't be right. I guess you could say I'm in denial. If another one happens, I'll tell someone, but until then, I think I'm going to keep this to myself.

Tristin

------------ --------- --------- ------

Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment