Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: Carolyn [epilepsy] Disability Benefits from Social Security

 

Sharon,
 
I was approved fr SSDI when I was 39. My car accident was in 2000 and in 2001 I had the vagus nerve stimulator put in and thats when my neurologist told me to try for disability which I got lucky and received right away.
 
Carolyn

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com> wrote:

From: Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: Carolyn [epilepsy] Disability Benefits from Social Security
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 3:02 AM

 

May I ask how old u were when u were approved. You may respond privately if
u would like instead of thru the group.

Sharon
Ugmcginnis@embarqma il.com

-------Original Message----- --

From: Carolyn Burby
Date: 7/24/2009 2:04:34 PM
To: epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Disability Benefits from Social Security

Hi,

My name is Carolyn and I have been receiving SSDI for 6 years now. When I
filled out the paperwork in 2003 the Social Security office approved me
right then. The only thing I can think they did right then was because I
was paralyzed on my right side when I was 1 1/2 year old and had
encephalitis. At 15 I found out that I had epilepsy. I actually think it
started at 12 but our small town doctor said I had an ulcer. What a bunch of
morons. I found out that those years of taking Mylanta that I should of been
on seizure meds. But anyway the SSDI approved me and I was given benefits
from 2001.

--- On Thu, 7/23/09, korky106_a <korky106_a@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: korky106_a <korky106_a@yahoo. com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Disability Benefits from Social Security
To: epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 4:52 AM

I am just wondering if anyone is receiving disability benefits from social
Security due to their seizures or related issues. I recently applied..
because of my seizures which I have had for 45 yrs as a result of a mosquito
bite giving me encephalitie- the seizures and poor memort either because of
the original damage or what might have happened as a result ot brain surgery
electric shock therapy and the medication- I have my share of problems. I
just want to know what others have done. Thanks- Birdman

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------ --------- --------- ------

Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to
clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if
you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes
messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.27/2258 - Release Date: 07/24/09
05:58:00

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment