Friday, July 31, 2009

[fast5] Re: Thinking about starting the program

 

Karen,

I think that you are a pretty good success story because it sounds like you're doing exactly what you need to do at the time that you need to do it and you're not beating yourself up for not being "prefect." If any of us could be perfect, would we even be here?

Everytime I take a break from F5 I feel like garbage even though I eat pretty healthy. When I eat according to the F5 schedule I feel awsome even though half of what I eat is technically garbage. What does that tell you? It's not so much what you eat but when and that's the whole point of the book. We need to forget about the so called "Ideal Diet" because no one can follow it. Even Ori H. who wrote the Warrior Diet said in the beginning of the book that he has has done the Warrior Diet off and on for 25 years. There's a clue there, even HE can't stick to it every freekin day of his life and he's the author! We don't need to be perfect. As long as we aren't stuffing ourself with food around the clock we'll be fine. As long as we give our bodies a break from food most of the time we'll be getting the full benefits of fasting even if we don't eat perfect when we do eat. What you eat during your 5 hour window is GOING to be better than what you would have eaten if you ate between 3-6 meals a day, that's for sure, and because of that you should consider yourself a success even if you've been stuck at a weight higher than what you want for a while.

Most of us here feel amazing when we fast and that is the whole point of the book. We don't feel like that on other diets. As long as your doing it your a success. Enjoy your day, enjoy the freedom and energy and at night after all the work is done enjoy your food and relax. Life's too short to worry about all the unimportant details.

I still get newsletters from diet programs promoting 6 meals a day and the one I got today outlined a plan for breaking a plateau and it had all these steps and rules and things you had to give up and I'm like WHAT A DRAG. Thank God I don't do that anymore. If the dude would just fast once in a while maybe he wouldn't have to follow his 85 steps to dieting success.

--- In fast5@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <laurvick@...> wrote:
>
> I'm not much of a 'success' story in the point of losing weight.
>
> But I do feel successful in the fasting part!
>
> I have my own issues that I'm trying to learn to deal with and work around,
> so have not been on Fast5 at one time for any great length of time.
>
> Last fall, did F5 for about 3 months, but, honestly, I used my 5-hr window
> to eat junk.
>
> And since I'm close to desired weight, I did not lose weight.
>
> Then I had to take a medication w/food every 12 hrs so got off F5.
>
> Now I only need to take the meds once/day so am trying F5 again.
>
> But I mixed the days; some days I would fast, others days I would eat
> 'normally'.
>
> I was choosing not to fast on the days that I was doing my hardest work
> outs.
>
> But a week ago, I got the courage to fast past my morning workouts.
>
> I feel I have been doing fine.
>
> I do my work outs (weight lifting 4 days/wk; cardio 2 days/wk) about 10 hrs
> fasted.
>
> Now I'm making better food choices during my eating window (except the past
> two Saturdays!!! Grrr on me!!)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: fast5@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fast5@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> kris10_ross
> Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:30 AM
> To: fast5@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [fast5] Thinking about starting the program
>
> So I am thinking about the starting the program and I would like to lose
> about 25lbs in total.
>
> The biggest problem for me is simply the change in my daily routines. The
> best time for me to eat is from 1-5 or 2-6 based on my schedule, however
> weekends that might change.
>
> Do any of you find it a problem to change your window on weekends?
>
> I would love to hear some success stories and feedback on any additional
> helping points to help the weight come off. I have been working out quite
> hard the last few weeks to really jumpstart the weightloss, so I need to eat
> during the day to keep up my enegery for the evening.
>
> Let me know some thoughts, feedback, etc....
> I am very intersted in starting, just need a little help!
> thanks!
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Ask questions,

share experiences

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment