Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] Re: Suicide(Matthew Ford)

 

Matthew,
i know it is odd when someone is disabled it considered they are more like a child under the law. it is very unfair because you are not able to experience the pleasure of sexual activity with a woman at all.
Danny

 

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Matthew Ford <matthewford@shaw.ca> wrote:

From: Matthew Ford <matthewford@shaw.ca>
Subject: [epilepsy] Re: Suicide
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 11:24 PM

Trust me... I wish I could move, but finances get in the way.
I keep trying to find work , but I'm classed Unemployable for Public Safety
Issues.
They say.... The Safety of Thousands is more important than the pleasures of
just one."

My Dad is a registered GP/Surgeon and for so long, he made all the decisions
around my medical treatment.  For example I had a Vasectomy done and all he
needed was his own signature (being the parent) to legally perform the
operation.
 
When I turned legal age, I got my own doctor and my Dad was furious hoping
to keep me away from stuff like sex.  His opinion was "What he doesn't know,
won't hurt him!". 

When I talked about getting my own place, he put me into a Home for the
Handicapped.  While everybody in the outside world got on with their lives,
I was restricted to whatever the Care Home had planned for us.
 
In there, I met a woman who also has epilepsy, and being supportive towards
each other, we went from being understanding friends into lovers when she
pulled me close and I experienced my first real kiss! It was great, but I
was taken to court for it.  I was told it doesn't matter if she and I were
falling in love with each other.

Legally, the rules say that if a person has a disability, consent for such
an action must come from their parents. Since I hadn't called her parents to
obtain their permission to be friends with their daughter, I'm guilty of
sexual assault, as they say kissing is sexual.
 
The Judge said I needed counselling, so I was sent to the Sex Offender
Program to learn how the Law claims people with disabilities are legally
children inside and... Children cannot give consent.  I was told it was okay
when we were just friends, but when we kissed, I crossed the line. 

Feels more like I'm guilty for trying to be normal, when my medical records
prove I'm not.

Matthew  Ford
Victoria, BC, Canada
(North-West of Seattle, Washington)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment