Thursday, October 29, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] What type of seizures is Topomax used for?

 

I took Topamax for complex partial seizures years ago. I was on Depakote
too. It didn't control my seizures, so I didn't stay on it long.My sister
was given it to for her migraines a few years ago, and she told me it made
her face start feeling numb, so they changed her to something else.I guess
it is used for many kinds of seizures. Take care.

Tammy

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Stormy Brinkley
<stormys_angels@yahoo.com>wrote:

>
>
> MY SON AND DAUGHTER TAKE TOPAMAX FOR PETI MAL AND SON TAKESIT PLUS
> LAMICTAL AND SOMETHING ELSE AND THEY BOTH ARE DOING GOOD,daughter --no
> siez.and sonnot had gran mall for a while.but they both lost wieght and
> gained and lost over n over.
>
> --- On Thu, 10/29/09, nene1977@att.net <nene1977%40att.net> <
> nene1977@att.net <nene1977%40att.net>> wrote:
>
> From: nene1977@att.net <nene1977%40att.net> <nene1977@att.net<nene1977%40att.net>
> >
> Subject: Re: [epilepsy] What type of seizures is Topomax used for?
> To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com <epilepsy%40yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 4:06 PM
>
>
>
>
> I take for petimal or simple seizures. I have been taking it for a little
> over 4 years now.
>
> Denise
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "pierce407720032003 " <sacornelius@ msn.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:46:30
> To: <epilepsy@yahoogroup s.com>
> Subject: [epilepsy] What type of seizures is Topomax used for?
>
> And what else is it used for? I'd like to know more before agreeing to take
> it. Whether or not my doctor gives it to me depends on the blood test
> results for the Lamictal I had the other day.
>
> So far I've read that Topomax is also used for things like binge eating,
> emotional problems, migraines, and other things. I do have a prescription
> pain killer since over the counter ones don't work. I take it for normal
> headaches, not migraines.
>
> I now wonder if when I told my doctor normal pain killers don't work, he
> somehow thought I said they weren't strong enough. I told him they don't
> work for normal headaches and said nothing about migraines, which I don't
> have.
>
> Any comments or answers?
> Thanks.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment