Wednesday, October 28, 2009

[epilepsy] Re: The "other side's response" to that 60 Minutes story

 

HI,
I am a political news junkie. I also know a lot about David Axelrod and his development of astroturfing ( creating of false sense of public ground swell of support for a concept or product, his company which specializes in this service, ect). I STRONLY AGREE with Michelle Malkin.

Why? Because despite the fact that I have 3 special needs children and many major health issues myself, I do NOT want the government running my or my family health care. My son with uncontrolled seizures went to more than a half dozen neurologists. Most said take him to a psychiatrist, it is autism and not seizure and don't bother ever coming back here, stop those seizure meds. Except the head of a major ped hospital, that ped neuro wanted all the seizure meds except the one causing brain atrophy to CONTINUE not for seizure control, he said there were no seizures. He wanted it continued for mood reasons. And once other doctors heard he said that, they didn't seriously consider the case, head guy had spoken.

So I don't want the government plan because I want to be able to go to get second, third, fourth, and more opinions because those other opinions saved my son from seizure more times than I can count. Those neuros were wrong. My son had a difficult case but they didn't want to hear it. I have closely followed the proposed plans and I would not have the options to go to other doctors. Also the number of doctors has a risk of dropping as do the selection of medications.

So Malkin is right, Axelrod has a family story but to play it yet again, yes I have the Parade story, to get support for legislation that would affect MY FAMILY but not his makes me furious! They can rename the bill, mislead about states opting out ( yeah you still PAY FOR IT) but it will change medicine in this country and not for the better. I also have worked in the medical field and we need to tort reform and to be able to shop for insurance state to state. Those things are not being considered while taking over a major aspect of our lives is.

So I am sorry for the suffering of the Axelrod family but not to the point of letting it ruin my family's medical care!!! He sure isn't letting my family's suffering alter his legislation! Where is HIS COMPASSION? Must have left that in Chicago.

In Christ,
Nedra 2 of 5,
Borg Mom Resistance is Futile in finding what works for my kids with God's help
Nick, 23, AS, ADHD, + CAPD
Ben, 21, AS + ADHD
Matt, 18, very AS, ADHD,+Complex Partial Seizures of the Temporo- Limbic region

God knew there would be children with Autism - and in honor of them He made
the planets in the solar system spin round and round, round and round.....
Author, unknown

and all the accomplishments of my family are a gift from God

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment