Saturday, October 31, 2009

[epilepsy] Re: exposure for epilepsy

 

Hey, you mention Nathan Milstein having epilepsy. I think more about Presient James Madison who had epilepsy during his years before becoming President (talk about little guys, smile)! Talk about a stressful job, and during the civil war!

Hey, I've never felt embarassed having epilepsy! Everybody I know knows I have epilepsy, why hide it? If they want to know me, why hide it? Its part of me! To me people always seem interested in understanding and learning about it. Its interesting to me how many people I talk with say they know somebody who has epilepsy. I tell them about this group, how to find it. I give them my email address in case they would enjoy getting in touch.

You mention a brain devastated disease. Well, the electrical shocks zapped in me through my life from seizures has devastated my left temporal lobe, it actually shrunk it in size as that side of my brain is very weak, pretty useless as compared to the right temporal lobe. Wouldn't you say that has devastated my left side of my brain? That was fully shown when I had a WADA test! Not only does an MRI show the smaller left temporal lobe. But the WADA test specifically each side of the brain shows how devastated the left side is! Whats to feel embarassed about? So yes, my brain on my left side is brain devastated! That's why the use of my brain went across to peace on the right side where their is more peace and a safer area to live (big smile)! Living in electrical war wasen't fun for my brain I'm sure. Sort of like my ancestors traveling across the pond for peace in the United States ( big smile).

Hey, we all have to live our lives and smile, if not, then what! Believe me, I know what that feels like, boy do I know that feeling! Deep depression isn't fun to go through, even small depression feelings that come and go! Take care, keep a smile on your face!

Steve

--- In epilepsy@yahoogroups.com, "SueW" <gswidemark@...> wrote:
>
> For people with or know someone with EpiAfter watching the videos which were shared here and which stated that 50 million people have epilepsy, I ask - do all 50 million want to be represented as having a "terminal" "brain devastating" disease? May I remind that those who suffer that type of seizure are a very small percentage and most folks with a seizure disorder are normal to high achievers? Many high IQ folks also....
>
> For example: Nathen Milstein who was one of the world's greatest violinists and so forth.
>
> No wonder so many are hesitant to admit having it. With that type of publicity, who wants to be thus branded... :( How about some REAL awareness of epilepsy... like... your neighbor who looks totally "normal" may actually have it?
>
> Sue
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Find wholesome recipes

and more. Go Moms Go!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment