Monday, June 29, 2009

Re: [epilepsy] new member



High Rachel
Welcome to the group
I've had epilepsy since I was 2 yrs old. I just had surgery in Feb. and haven't had seizures since then.
I know what It's like to have seizures all the time.  There are a lot of things I haven't been able to do
either. I was having so many generalized seizures that there were a lot of things I couldn't do alone.

flutterby

________________________________
From: rachelmitch39 <rachelmitch39@yahoo.co.uk>
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 6:17:18 AM
Subject: [epilepsy] new member

Hi Everyone, my name is Rachel, I have epilepsy since i was 10 mths old,
at the time i had a seizure, the dr wouldn't admit me to hospital, i stopped breathing and when the hospital eentually admitted me they managed to revive me and thats how i got full blown epilepsy. I have grand mal eilepsy which can get worse at the time of my month, plus i have asthma and am hard of hearing.
I used to have a penpal with epilepsy but lost touch so its nice to have friends like myself again.
I also have a younger sister who has epilepsy and asthma, as well.
I couldn't help noticing in some group messages it mentioned baths and showers, well at one point my husband used to watch over me incase i had a seizure but now he is thinking of getting a pull cord, put into the bathroom so that so that if anyhing happened i could pull it in an emergency but where you are tottally out of it when you have a seizure, i aint sure its safe enough, you could still harm yourself in lots of ways, do you agree?
looking forward to being part of the group
Best Wishes
Rachel

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment