Sunday, February 27, 2011

Re: [fast5] Water weight loss...

 

A lot of it likely IS water. Someone explained it well a few weeks ago,

here. The fat cells, when they lose fat, will sometimes keep themselves
plump with water, so they won't shrink. Then, I guess maybe when they
"decide" that the fat loss is going to be more permanent, they just
release the water. Which is one reason for plateaus followed by large
amounts of weight loss in a short order.

Anyway, fat doesn't weigh much, it's like styrofoam. But water is heavy.
When you  lose pounds, it's mostly water. Either way, it's probably a good
thing.

I have read that mineral status can influence water retention: I think it 
was zinc or magnesium, that, if you get enough of it, your body is more
likely to release excess water. So if you are getting more minerals in
your diet this month, it might have something to do with it?


On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM, lewandowskielizabeth <elizabeth3715@charter.net> wrote:
I started losing weight (again!) last September...dropped 23 pounds through eating low-carb (about 80 grams per day), watching calories and moderate excercise.  I got stuck, stuck, stuck at the end of December and through the whole month of January.  I discovered intermittent fasting and very quickly adopted a Fast-5 eating plan.

I've lost 11 pounds since 2/1, a consistent 3 pound weight drop per week.  On another forum an 'expert' told me that this was mostly water weight.  While I know that it's not all fat loss, how can I prove this 'expert' wrong?


 
 
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment