Monday, February 28, 2011

Re: [epilepsy] Driving

 

Cash,

How long have your szs been under control? What are the
laws of your state? Why doesn't your family want you to drive?

Millie

----- Original Message -----
From: Cash
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 3:51 AM
Subject: [epilepsy] Driving

I was diagnosed at age 9. I have generalized and partial complex seizures. I have a Vagus Nerve Stimulator and underwent a Corpus Collosotomy, at age 18, to try to keep the seizures under control. I am now well controlled with medication only...Depakote, Dilantin and Clonazepam.

I am now 35 and going crazy not being able to drive, especially since I have driven in the past and got a small taste of what it was like. I really miss the freedom do go and do whatever and whenever i feel like it. During the time that I was fortunate enough to have a license my reaction time was pretty slow due to my medications. I took and am still taking Dilantin, Depakote and Clonazepam.

This especially makes dating difficult. Women do not want to feel like they are being turned into your personal cheauffer. This has ruined many a relationship. Many wonderful relationships would have worked had I only been able to drive. I respect my families wishes because they do not want me to drive again, but I am getting fed up with not being able to drive and want to just go against my families wishes on this matter.

Maybe I'm just venting, but I needed to vent in a place where I would be understood. Thank you. If anyone has something to say, I'd be more than happy to read your comments.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment