Monday, November 8, 2010

[epilepsy] Re: Kepra

 

I know the feeling of seeing double!!! Most likely you are taking more MG. than your system can tolerate.

How many mg. are you taking each time, and how many times a day? For instance, I take Keppra 1,500mg. twice a day. Trileptal I take 750mg. twice a day. There have been times when I forgot I took it in the morning and take it again that same morning. An hour later I would feel the hot sense, a odd feeling. Quickly learned that I took my meds. twice. I would begin seeing triple (smile). I would trying drinking as much water as I can to water it down and in another two hours would be just fine. Even to play tennis as my double vision goes away. Very interesting playing competitive tennis when coming off seeing double (big smile)!!!

About 5 years ago when on Trileptal and switching Drs. The new Dr. (epileptologist) upped my Trileptal a little at a time till I felt it was to much to handle. That I learned by not being able to deal with it. That came when I upped it to a point where I began seeing double or triple. He told me to lower it to the point just below that dosage where my body could stand it. I kept upping it because I couldn't get my seizures under control. Keep your Dr. posted regularly if seeing double. You most likely are over the mg. your body can take. Keep us posted! Take care, keep a smile on your face!

Steve

--- In epilepsy@yahoogroups.com, "hip70s" <hip70s@...> wrote:
>
> Hi, I wanted to ask anyone if they have had problems with Kepra in the past or recently?
> Well I was on Kpepra 2 in the morning and 2 before bedtime and I always felt spaced out, dazed and or confussed.
> Now my doctor seperated the dose and told me to take 1 in the morning and 1 at night.
> But now the problem is I see double ALL DAY.
> Does anyone have the same or somewhat the same problem?
> I know all our bodies work diff to Kepra, but I have heard that kepra has given trouble to alot of us in the past.
> Thanks.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them.  This is especially important if you are on digest.  This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.

MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment