From: craig davis <ohs7778@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Digest Number 4602 WARNINGS OF A SEIZURE !
To: ohs7778@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, February 13, 2009, 8:05 AM
--- On Fri, 2/13/09, craig davis <ohs7778@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: craig davis <ohs7778@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [epilepsy] Digest Number 4601 WARNINGS OF A SEIZURE !
To: "No Reply" <notify-dg-epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, February 13, 2009, 8:00 AM
Here is over 48 years of experiance living with auras and seizures. Hope some or all of it helps. 1st. Always be alert of what your daughter eats. As a kid, I was on a High protein/Low carbroydrate diet and I could never had any sweets unless it was from a sugar-less sweetner as sweet & low or sachrinn. Stay away from diet sodas. Today aspartame is the main sugar substitute and it can cause an aura or seizure just like the sachrinn & sweet & low did to 40 years ago. 2nd.... Watch & look for the MSG/MonoSodiumGlutamate that are in almost every packaged, canned and frozen prepared foods that all stores sell. They can cause an arua and seizure to occur. I believe MSG caused my condition in 1960 as MSG has been in our food supply since the 1950's. Think for yourselves about this. Since MSG can cause an adults brain to do crazy things as I can affirm it does, Can anybody believe it will not harm a childs or infants brain when that brain is not fully
developed yet ? This I asked the EFA www.efa.org 1-800-321-1000 to publish a survey for us to answer about foods and what we believe does cause us to have a seizure in our lives. They never have contacted me or published about this what I believe is a MAJOR CONCERN TO US or should be, that can make a differance in out lives and in research for finding the causes of how foods can trigger auras and seizures. Maybe the people at EFA are not getting the message that they are there FOR US that they need to hear what we want to know about what could be causing our conditions we all have here. Hopefully by saying all of this the EFA will get several calls a day on MSG & nitrates. They seem to be living in lala land as they have ignored this major issue concerning "" what affects our lives"". 3rd...STRESS AND FEAR can trigger auras and seizures. If your daughter is worrying over something it can be a major cause to having an aura or seizure. Do not
try to create stress in her life by restricting her from doing thngs that she is physically able to do. If she can do the things you may be fearful about, it would be better for both of you to let her do things and prove to yourself and her she can and eliminate the fear & stress. Fear=False Evidence Appearing Real. Anyone who reads that should let their child do what they believe they can do unless it is a case where he/she is not able to do it physically. I had enough of no's in my life to know what I am saying even though I am not a parent. If I were a parent with a child like I was, knowing what I know now, he or she would have a better childhood and never feel rejected. Just remember to tell your children that GOD/Jesus loves them and he will always be there for them. Craig
From: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Digest Number 4601
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, February 13, 2009, 4:22 AM
There are 18 messages in this issue.
Topics in this digest:
1a. Re: Seizure Aura's
From: Paul Sowinski
1b. Re: Seizure Aura's
From: Elmer Dorsey
1c. Re: Seizure Aura's
From: Teresa Langmeyer
1d. Re: Seizure Aura's
From: trish schobert
1e. Re: Seizure Aura's
From: Betty
2a. pregnancy
From: Kimberly Judd
2b. Re: pregnancy
From: Staci Waites
2c. Re: pregnancy
From: Uggie
2d. Re: pregnancy
From: terri sutten
2e. Re: pregnancy
From: Ann Ward
2f. Re: pregnancy
From: Betty
3a. Re: Hi from in the hospital
From: Matthew Ford
4a. Re: being released Saturday
From: Kathi Cronin
4b. Re: being released Saturday
From: Jen
5a. Re: My Decision
From: trish schobert
5b. Re: My Decision
From: Betty
6a. The verdict and some beers
From: Rach H
6b. Re: The verdict and some beers
From: mylmy@bnin.net
Messages
________________________________________________________________________
1a. Re: Seizure Aura's
Posted by: "Paul Sowinski" paulsowinski@yahoo.com paulsowinski
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 am ((PST))
Some folks have a certail smell or taste sensation. Others have deja vu, others
simply space out and don't remember doing it...the list probably goes on and
on...good luck
--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com> wrote:
From: Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Seizure Aura's
To: "epi" <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 8:34 PM

Can anyone give me a list of some possible auras my daughter can watch for
to let her know her seizures may b coming on.........
She says her tongue hurts so maybe she did bite it during her Grand Mal.... She
had it in the back seat of a friends car.
----------
----------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (10)
________________________________________________________________________
1b. Re: Seizure Aura's
Posted by: "Elmer Dorsey" elmerdorsey@yahoo.com elmerdorsey
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:03 am ((PST))
I can only speak for myself, but I have a pronounced, unmistakable metallic
taste like liquid aluminum foil that precedes a seizure.
--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com> wrote:
From: Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Seizure Aura's
To: "epi" <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 9:34 PM

Can anyone give me a list of some possible auras my daughter can watch for
to let her know her seizures may b coming on.........
She says her tongue hurts so maybe she did bite it during her Grand Mal....
She had it in the back seat of a friends car.
----------
----------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (10)
________________________________________________________________________
1c. Re: Seizure Aura's
Posted by: "Teresa Langmeyer" terrioddgirl@yahoo.com terrioddgirl
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 pm ((PST))
I don't know about you all. I have the ones I've seen listed the
deja'vu and the metallic taste. I've also been know to have my hands
clamp into fists or I get this silly grin on my face if I'm about to have a
gm sz.
--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com> wrote:
From: Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Seizure Aura's
To: "epi" <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 9:34 PM

Can anyone give me a list of some possible auras my daughter can watch for
to let her know her seizures may b coming on.........
She says her tongue hurts so maybe she did bite it during her Grand Mal.... She
had it in the back seat of a friends car.
----------
----------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (10)
________________________________________________________________________
1d. Re: Seizure Aura's
Posted by: "trish schobert" jiminycricketblue@yahoo.com
jiminycricketblue
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 pm ((PST))
hi Uggie,
 I use to have a de'javu feeling....like I had been here before.
                       Â
Trish (jiminycricketblue)
--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com> wrote:
From: Uggie <ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] Seizure Aura's
To: "epi" <epilepsy@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 8:34 PM

Can anyone give me a list of some possible auras my daughter can watch for
to let her know her seizures may b coming on.........
She says her tongue hurts so maybe she did bite it during her Grand Mal.... She
had it in the back seat of a friends car.
----------
----------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (10)
________________________________________________________________________
1e. Re: Seizure Aura's
Posted by: "Betty" swtvagal66@yahoo.com swtvagal66
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:26 pm ((PST))
--- That's exactly what mine are like too Trish. That de'ja vu feeling.
I have a very active dream system. I dream such crazy things, and it
seems like when I have an aura it's like a flashback of part of a dream
I've had. That may sound crazy but that's how mine do. It's the
strangest feeling!!! It sure is nice to know that somebody else feels
like that too.
Betty Gail
Messages in this topic (10)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
2a. pregnancy
Posted by: "Kimberly Judd" sixnephites@msn.com sixnephites
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:20 am ((PST))
I just found out that I am about six weeks pregnant. SURPRISE! I have
been on 700mg of lamictal a day for about a year now. Has anyone had
experience with lamictal and pregnancy?
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
2b. Re: pregnancy
Posted by: "Staci Waites" swaites2003@yahoo.com swaites2003
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:26 am ((PST))
Congrats on your pregnancy! I am currently 36 weeks pregnant however my husband
is the one with the E dx and therefore there is no medication effect. Although I
do not have first hand knowledge, I did some research and this is what I found
for you...........
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lists Lamictal in Pregnancy
Category C. This indicates that caution is advised, but the benefits of the
medication may outweigh the potential risks. So far there is no indication that
Lamictal causes serious birth defects, but there have been no well-controlled
studies in women, and studies in animals have shown some harm to the fetus.
The risk of birth defects is higher for women who take more than one AED and
for women with a family history of birth defects.
Women who are capable of becoming pregnant should take at least 400 mcg (0.4
mg) of folic acid (folate) daily to help prevent a type of birth defect called a
neural tube defect. (The best-known of these is spina bifida, in which the
spinal cord is not completely enclosed.) Women at high risk, such as those with
a history of this kind of defect in a previous pregnancy, should take 4000 mcg
(4 mg) daily, beginning before they become pregnant. Whether folic acid is
effective in preventing defects has not been proven, however, so the doctor may
recommend a check-up using ultrasound during the 18th to 20th week of pregnancy.
About 20% to 35% of women have seizures more often during pregnancy because
of changes in hormones or changes in how their seizure medicine is handled by
the body. This appears to be particularly true for Lamictal. Therefore, the
doctor may recommend checking the level of Lamictal in the blood regularly
during pregnancy so that the dosage can be adjusted as needed.
The risks, benefits, and options should be discussed with women taking
Lamictal who are interested in breast-feeding. The baby will get some Lamictal
through the milk, and its possible effects are unknown. For this reason,
breast-feeding while taking Lamictal is not recommended.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
2c. Re: pregnancy
Posted by: "Uggie" ugmcginnis@embarqmail.com min9200meg
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:45 am ((PST))
CONGRATULATIONS!! And best wishes for a healthy pregnancy with no
problems!!
Sure you have thought of it, but u should contact both your Neurologist and
ur OBGYN immediately to discuss the best options for you and your baby!!
Uggie
-------Original Message-------
From: Kimberly Judd
Date: 2/12/2009 9:21:05 AM
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [epilepsy] pregnancy
I just found out that I am about six weeks pregnant. SURPRISE! I have
been on 700mg of lamictal a day for about a year now. Has anyone had
experience with lamictal and pregnancy?
------------------------------------
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to
clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if
you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes
messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
Yahoo! Groups Links
____________________________________________________________
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.234 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
----------
----------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.234 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 02/11/09
18:11:00
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
2d. Re: pregnancy
Posted by: "terri sutten" suttenterri@hotmail.com suttenwild
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 am ((PST))
I have had three babies, and all pregnancies went fine. I was on tegretol or
dilantin at the time. I was on lamictal at one point, and the pharmacy said not
to get pregnant. Call your pharmacy to look up the info, what it is, is that
you cannot breast feed. Otherwise, I don't think it will harm the fetus. If
the pharmacist thinks you should change, then have him/her call yhour dr. You
will get faster results if they communicate between each other. If you plan on
breastfeeding, then you definately need to change. Good luck and congrats!
Terri
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
From: sixnephites@msn.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:20:47 +0000
Subject: [epilepsy] pregnancy
I just found out that I am about six weeks pregnant. SURPRISE! I have
been on 700mg of lamictal a day for about a year now. Has anyone had
experience with lamictal and pregnancy?
_________________________________________________________________
Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn "10 hidden secrets" from Jamie.
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
2e. Re: pregnancy
Posted by: "Ann Ward" amw5559@yahoo.com amw5559
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:03 am ((PST))
Hi KImberly,
Congratulations! I also took Lamictal with my last child. I was on 600
mgs a day. I was also 40 when I had her.  She is fine. I had no
problems and actually felt better being pregnant. I had no seizures or even
an aura during pregnancy. Good luck to you. I hope you are feeling
well!!
Â
Take care Ann
--- On Thu, 2/12/09, Kimberly Judd <sixnephites@msn.com> wrote:
From: Kimberly Judd <sixnephites@msn.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] pregnancy
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 9:20 AM
I just found out that I am about six weeks pregnant. SURPRISE! I have
been on 700mg of lamictal a day for about a year now. Has anyone had
experience with lamictal and pregnancy?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
2f. Re: pregnancy
Posted by: "Betty" swtvagal66@yahoo.com swtvagal66
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:38 pm ((PST))
--- Hi Kim. I wasn't on Lamictal but I was on Tegretol and Keppra when
I was pregnant back in 2006. I was also on anti-depressants as well. I
had a great pregnancy and my little girl turned out just fine. Best
nine months of my life. I understand your concerns though because I was
concerned too. I was also 40 and it was my first. Talk about surprises!
Just talk to your doctors about your concerns. They can provide you
with info. to ease your mind. Just remember a happy mommy-to-be makes
for a happy baby. Good Luck and Congrats!
Betty Gail
Messages in this topic (6)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
3a. Re: Hi from in the hospital
Posted by: "Matthew Ford" matthewford@shaw.ca b_s_quartet
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 am ((PST))
Thanks Tammy!
Another Fav is the smell you get from Kentucky Fried Chicken! Trust me... As
you walk down the hallway carrying that, everyone's mouth starts watering,
and one by one, the nurses come in asking for a little tiny piece of it.
Matthew
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (8)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
4a. Re: being released Saturday
Posted by: "Kathi Cronin" k.cronin918@yahoo.com k.cronin918
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am ((PST))
Congrats! Am happy to hear the surg. went well and your ok after the
siezures. Don't feel bad,Dia was up @ 3am a couple weeks ago, went to let
the cat out and the door slammed closed on my left pinky and broke it.Lotta
fun..Hope the rest of your recovery goes well- Dia sends hugs.....Blessings,
Kathi
________________________________
From: la_desierta_nina <la_desierta_nina@yahoo.com>
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:29:55 PM
Subject: [epilepsy] being released Saturday
Hi all I am getting togo home this Saturday!
The unwrapped my head and were looking at my c shapeed inscion and
staples adn said everything looked great. No infections or bleeding.
I have 20 staples. They come out next Friday. That will hurt I have
had them before.
They took away the Morphine,and I am on oral Oxycodone, and IV
demerol.
I am only llowed 1 hr on the computer divided up anyway I want but
notthe whole chunk at once.
My tongue is still pretty swollon from me bitting through it, and I
have 13 stitches in it.
So I am not really a happy camper right now.
They are still giving me that medicine that makes me sleep for a
while to help me heal. I can not remember what it is or how to say
it. IT doesn't matter thaough.
I justthought I would update you.
Nancy
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________
4b. Re: being released Saturday
Posted by: "Jen" aquarijen@gmail.com aquarijen
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 am ((PST))
Wow, Nancy, I'm so glad the surgery went well and you get to go home soon.
I hope you feel better soon. :) I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
5a. Re: My Decision
Posted by: "trish schobert" jiminycricketblue@yahoo.com
jiminycricketblue
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm ((PST))
hi betty,
 most hosp. now have lap tops you can borrow just for the patients.ask the
patient advacate. Thats what I did when I was in the hosp. Good luck on your
hosp. study
                                Â
                       Â
Trish (jiminycricketblue)
--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Betty <swtvagal66@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Betty <swtvagal66@yahoo.com>
Subject: [epilepsy] My Decision
To: epilepsy@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 2:17 PM
Hello to all my EP friends. I haven't been posting much lately, but
I've been trying to keep up with the digest. I've been doing alot of
soul searching and trying to decide what to do about going back to
Duke again and being tested and possibly having surgery again.
Well.....I've made a decision! I'm going back at least to be tested
again. I need to know what my options are. I may be a candidate for
surgery again and I may not. I'll be entering the hospital on 2/23
for 7 to 10 days of testing.
This had been a very difficult decision to come to. I've talked to
alot of people( you guys included). I've talked to my local neuro.
and other local doctors. I've prayed about it and had alot of people
praying for me too. The local doctors are telling me to "Go for it"
so I am. I was seizure free the first time for about 10 years. If I
can get another 10 years or hopefully become seizure free for good, I
think that would be GREAT.
I'm doing this as much for or not even more for my little girl. I
don't want her to have to grow up dealing with me having these things
all the time. I want to be able to be there for her when she's
involved in things at school or whatever the case may be. I've missed
out on alot of things in the past because I had a seizure and
couldn't go. I'm just sooooo tired of that!
If I do qualify for surgery again it will be my 3rd brain surgery, if
you count the one I had when I was 6 months old. What is it that they
say..Third time's a charm. :-)
So that's what I'm going to do. I just want to say THANKS SO MUCH to
all of you who have listened and responded to me. I'm so glad I found
you guys. I've got one problem. I'd like to post messages while I'm
in the hospital, but I don't have a laptop, :-(. OMG...how will I
ever survive without my daily internet fix....haha.
I had 2 seizures last week and today is the first day since that my
head feels like it's cleared up. The wind is blowing very very hard
here in VA today. I hate wind! I'll probably have lots of auras
tonight.
Take care everyone!!!
Betty Gail
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (3)
________________________________________________________________________
5b. Re: My Decision
Posted by: "Betty" swtvagal66@yahoo.com swtvagal66
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:13 pm ((PST))
--- Thanks Trish. I will certainly ask about it. I was wondering if
maybe they would provide one. I would like to keep in touch while I'm
there. Things sure have changed since the last time I was in the
hospital. :-)
Betty Gail
Messages in this topic (3)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
6a. The verdict and some beers
Posted by: "Rach H" canned.bread87@gmail.com canned_bread87
Date: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 pm ((PST))
Hi to everyone,
I thought I would do a group email to save me repeating myself about what
happened in my neurosurgeon appt.
Unfortunately I am not currently eligible for brain surgery because my
seizures are generalised, not focal. I smell things that aren't there, I
have grand mal and petit mal... these together mean they aren't focal. So I
was very dissapointed about that. He tested my balance and walking STRAIGHT
with my eyes closed, and I couldn't do that. What can be done about that?
Medication change if it is indeed medication, or absolutely nothing. So I
had a bit of a cry.
I may have wanted a "magic bullet" or something, but quite frankly
more than
that I just want a life. Part of my family just doesn't get it, and I think
they think I am lazy because I am not working. This is NOT the case, and
Lord knows I am trying to find work that will fit into the seizures. It
would be much easier to cope with all this if I could just live under a
rock. I think it's partly hurting other people and inconveniencing them
that
makes it harder.
The other option he said is hopping into hospital and getting wired up for a
bit and inducing some seizures and seeing where they come from. If they all
come from the same place then that would be great, it means it is focal. Or
even if they got rid of SOME seizures then that is also brilliant. So we
shall see... My dad is all for more tests, however when asked I basically
said I don't care. I had resigned to it all.
Actually, a weird thing happened 2 nights ago. I was out with a friend of
mine because we wanted to be together whilst he turned 18 at midnight. (18
being the legal age here). I ingested my medication as normal because I keep
a spare packet in my bag. He entered a pub LEGALLY for the first time, and
we met some people and had a few beers together. Anyway, I remember
absolutely nothing after that. Apparently I got home at 5am, alone. Which
would have involved catching a bus alone and then walking for about an hour.
My mate (the one who turned 18) said at about 2am I was acting weird, I
wasn't responding properly to questions, and was out of it and vague. For
example he said "Do you want another beer" and I said "Maybe. I
don't
know.". Which is not my normal response!
So the verdict is either it was a funny seizure (out of it but not falling
to the ground or pausing?) or I had a spiked drink. The latter is very very
unlikely, but of course these days we just don't know. Either way it's
scary
that I was doing things whilst out of it and I have no memory.
So.
Feeling a bit low at the moment.
~ Rach
--
"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say
because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is
attractive, but I have photographs of her." - Ellen Degeneres
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________
6b. Re: The verdict and some beers
Posted by: "mylmy@bnin.net" mylmy@bnin.net mylmy
Date: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:03 am ((PST))
Rach,
I have always been told not to drink any alcohol while I am
on EP meds.
That is probably why you had a weide time and can't remember.
> Hi to everyone,
>
> I thought I would do a group email to save me repeating myself about what
> happened in my neurosurgeon appt.
>
> Unfortunately I am not currently eligible for brain surgery because my
> seizures are generalised, not focal. I smell things that aren't there,
I
> have grand mal and petit mal... these together mean they aren't focal.
So
> I
> was very dissapointed about that. He tested my balance and walking
> STRAIGHT
> with my eyes closed, and I couldn't do that. What can be done about
that?
> Medication change if it is indeed medication, or absolutely nothing. So I
> had a bit of a cry.
>
> I may have wanted a "magic bullet" or something, but quite
frankly more
> than
> that I just want a life. Part of my family just doesn't get it, and I
> think
> they think I am lazy because I am not working. This is NOT the case, and
> Lord knows I am trying to find work that will fit into the seizures. It
> would be much easier to cope with all this if I could just live under a
> rock. I think it's partly hurting other people and inconveniencing
them
> that
> makes it harder.
>
> The other option he said is hopping into hospital and getting wired up for
> a
> bit and inducing some seizures and seeing where they come from. If they
> all
> come from the same place then that would be great, it means it is focal.
> Or
> even if they got rid of SOME seizures then that is also brilliant. So we
> shall see... My dad is all for more tests, however when asked I basically
> said I don't care. I had resigned to it all.
>
> Actually, a weird thing happened 2 nights ago. I was out with a friend of
> mine because we wanted to be together whilst he turned 18 at midnight. (18
> being the legal age here). I ingested my medication as normal because I
> keep
> a spare packet in my bag. He entered a pub LEGALLY for the first time, and
> we met some people and had a few beers together. Anyway, I remember
> absolutely nothing after that. Apparently I got home at 5am, alone. Which
> would have involved catching a bus alone and then walking for about an
> hour.
> My mate (the one who turned 18) said at about 2am I was acting weird, I
> wasn't responding properly to questions, and was out of it and vague.
For
> example he said "Do you want another beer" and I said
"Maybe. I don't
> know.". Which is not my normal response!
>
> So the verdict is either it was a funny seizure (out of it but not falling
> to the ground or pausing?) or I had a spiked drink. The latter is very
> very
> unlikely, but of course these days we just don't know. Either way
it's
> scary
> that I was doing things whilst out of it and I have no memory.
>
> So.
>
> Feeling a bit low at the moment.
>
> ~ Rach
>
> --
> "I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always
say
> because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother
is
> attractive, but I have photographs of her." - Ellen Degeneres
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
Messages in this topic (2)
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to
clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if you
are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages
much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
Just a friendly reminder: Please remember to sign your post and remember to clean up messages when you reply to them. This is especially important if you are on digest. This not only helps out the list owner but, it makes messages much easier to read when they arrive in our inboxes.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/epilepsy/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/epilepsy/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:epilepsy-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:epilepsy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
epilepsy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
No comments:
Post a Comment